Ooooh, text!

I mean, uh, hi. Hello. Feel free to read the blog or look around. Only if something says TOP SECRET in big bold letters, please don't click on it.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Some Helpful Suggestions on Avoiding Real Life

I'm reading, or re-reading actually, the "Bloody Jack" series by L.A. Meyer. It's extremely good, one of my favorites, but I realized when I was reading "In the Belly of the Bloodhound" (which is the fourth book in the series) that I hadn't spread the word properly.
So here I am. Word-spreading.
The series follows the extremely peculiar adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, who starts out as a lowly orphan living on the streets. She decides to better herself, as it were, by becoming a ship's boy. The problem with that being of course that Jacky is a girl.
Jacky is a delightfully robust character, clever and cheeky, good at heart, and intent on the preservation of her own perky tail.
I recommend you read it if you have a soul. If you don't have a soul, it probably won't be of any interest to you. But if you do, you'll find it highly entertaining. You'll chortle randomly in the middle of your classes and everyone else will stare at you, and the best part is you really won't be able to help yourself.
In other news, I'm currently on season three of Doctor Who. If you haven't watched that show, you haven't lived. You suck, you suck, you suck. You need to watch it! Like on the episode with the Carrionites, if you're a Harry Potter fan you will SCREAM. Out loud. I did, at like twelve in the morning; my mom came running and got cross with me because I was still up.
It's literally the best show ever. You can't even understand until you watch it.
So WATCH it. Just do it! You won't regret it, I swear.
Another really great book I've managed to tell only a few people about is Diana Wynne Jones' "Howl's Moving Castle." Totally brilliant. Another book that gives me a case of the giggles in public places. This book is so so so good. It was my favorite before I read Harry Potter (I was late; I didn't read the Potter series until 7th grade), and it's my second favorite now. It's about a girl named Sophie who works in a hat shop, and then she gets cursed by the Witch of the Waste so she goes off to seek her fortune, even though she's doomed to failure.
And... now my cat is staring at me. I think she wants me to stop blogging. Can't say I blame her. But she did something really cute earlier, something which actually does need to be recorded on the internet forever. She ate my chicken noodle soup. I didn't notice; I was too busy paying attention to the Doctor as he pursued a sort-of kidnapped Martha Jones in the slums of New New York. And then my cat went and drank out of my cup of water. I guess the soup was salty and she got thirsty.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????////
^ That was her. You know how cats are-- always have to have the last word.

No comments:

Post a Comment