Ooooh, text!

I mean, uh, hi. Hello. Feel free to read the blog or look around. Only if something says TOP SECRET in big bold letters, please don't click on it.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

There's a song by P!nk called Stupid Girls. Maybe you've heard it, maybe not. In any case, I'm just so glad that I'm not the only one tired of all the Stupid Girls.
Don't get me wrong-- I don't stereotype any more than I can help. I reserve judging people and situations until I have as many facts as I can. But I'm human. People say things that make me angry and through this anger I develop a dislike of them. I get first impressions just like everybody else. However, I am completely willing to be proven wrong.
So I carefully analyze people. I talk to them, I observe them, I ask them questions, I watch how they react to certain situations.
And, wow, are there a lot of stupid girls! I mean, really, they dress and talk and act and write the same, for heaven's sake. I am so sick of getting those Looks-- you know the ones I'm talking about. The Ew-Weird-Girl look. The Why-Is-She-Talking-To-Me? look. The Oh-My-Gawd! look. The thing that really grates on my nerves, though, is more their lack of common sense and emotional maturity than anything else.
It's like they never get over themselves. I can handle less-than-brilliant people, but I expect some sort of maturity from people my age. (Call me optimistic.) I feel like screaming and throwing things at them when we're watching, I dunno, and Intervention or something, and we hear about how some girl was raped or sexually abused and they start laughing! They all just break out in giggles over how somebody's life was screwed up!
And oh, some of them are just so needy! The song Stupid Girls goes on about this. Like they'll die if their boyfriend breaks up with them, like they can't do anything for themselves and how they always need their boyfriends. They're all such tools for men, and some of them know it and don't care.

What happened to the dream of a girl president?
She's dancing in the video next to 50 Cent.


P!nk says it loud and clear. I'm tired of getting looked down on by people because I don't have or want a boyfriend (excuse me for finding high school boys immature!) or because I read so fast or whatever it is they'll come up with next. And I'm sick of it.

The disease is growing, it's epidemic
I'm scared that there ain't a cure

I won't go on about other songs that could make it any clearer; this isn't what this is about. Hopefully you get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment